San Jose, CA – Warehouse Coordinator
Come join our team!
Northwest Door LLC is currently seeking a Warehouse Coordinator located at our San Jose, CA Distribution Center. As the Warehouse Coordinator, you will supervise the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center. This position reports directly to the DC Manager and works Monday through Friday with occasional overtime as required.
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; generous paid time off (PTO) and 9 paid Holidays; 401(k) plan with company match; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement and service awards.
For more information about our company, visit our website at www.northwestdoor.com.
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Summary of Job Duties
- Responsible for daily operations of the distribution warehouse
- Lead, motivate and mentor the team of warehouse workers to include training, scheduling and delegating work
- Conduct weekly safety meetings and ensure safety rules are followed and PPE is worn by all warehouse workers
- Ensure customer orders are filled timely and correctly
- Oversee and assist with loading/unloading delivery trucks/trailers
- Receive shipments and verifies receipt of each item
- Moves inventory into product home locations
- Keeps the warehouse safe, neat and clean; organized and operating efficiently
- Communicate effectively with others to coordinate deliveries and pickup
Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a warehouse lead or coordinator position
- Garage door industry experience preferred
- Lift 50-75 pounds (with or without accommodation) safely throughout the workday
Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of products and quality standards. Must have basic knowledge of warehouse principles and practices.
Skill: Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills; must be positive, upbeat and have a professional demeanor and a “Yes We Can!” attitude; must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced environment.
Ability: Efficiently network and coordinate work with customers, suppliers and co-workers. To effectively manage time to meet targets and deadlines, to excel in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask, critical thinking and use good judgment is a must. Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for a job well done; maintain focus and positivity while resolving challenging or complex problems.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace, a pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes. All applicants must also pass a criminal background check.