San Jose, CA – Inventory Control/Receiving Clerk
Awesome Inventory Control/Receiving Clerk Needed on our Team in San Jose, California!
We are currently seeking an Inventory Control/Receiving Clerk position to be based out of our San Jose, California Distribution Center. This is a non-exempt position working Monday through Friday with occasional overtime required.
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity.
Essential duties of this position:
The ideal candidate must be professional, be able to field customer inquiries, delegate and offer resolutions, offer customer support, have a courteous attitude and provide excellent service to customers, be prompt, have excellent daily attendance and be a team player. Duties include working closely with Customer Service, Dealers and Vendors to ensure product is ordered to arrive timely to meet with the scheduled deliveries and installations; receives incoming shipments and keeps records of goods received, reports overages and shortages and damaged goods; performs cycle counts for all products in stock and posts totals to inventory records in computer; performs cycle counts for all products and responsible to resolve all variances by locating product and isolating errors in inventory system; generates reports on inventory balances and shortages. This position will be able to read and follow instructions; have English language literacy, have basic math skills and be able to perform in a busy office environment.
Education, job skills and experience to be successful in this position:
- Prepares purchase orders for materials and determines if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs.
- Responds to inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations in a timely manner to keep stock rotating with no outages
- Maintains needed inventory stock levels in computer as well as current costs from all vendors
- Performs receiving of products from the manufacturing plant and outside vendors
- Works with Warehouse Coordinator to ensure all purchased inventory is put in its proper location in Distribution Center
- Performs daily cycle count of designated products
- Track and report non-confirming product to appropriate department or company
- Identify and record any issues relating to quality or damaged and not sellable items
- Coordinate and integrate efforts across operations to enhance inventory accuracy
- Develop and implement processes to limit inventory variances
- Ensures delivery loads are organized and accurate
- Other duties as assigned
What we offer to you:
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and nine paid Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.