San Jose, CA – Class B Delivery Driver
Would you like to be home most evenings and weekends with your family? Have you recently acquired your CDL and need a company that will give you some experience? Then this driving position could be perfect for you and we want you to come Join our Team!
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We are seeking a full-time Class B Delivery Driver to deliver garage door sections and associated products to and from our distribution center located in San Jose, California to our customers safely and free from damage. In addition to driving, this position is also responsible for loading and unloading freight at select locations and positively reflecting the quality and service for which Northwest Door is known. Responsibilities also include maintaining your delivery vehicle and providing assistance in the warehouse when necessary. This position works Monday through Friday with overtime as necessary.
What we can offer you!! We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and 9 paid Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a truck/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours and some overnight trips in all types of weather, while safely transporting non-hazardous materials
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required
- Wash trucks, clean, load deliveries and/or will-call customers
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification
- Safely climb in and out of a truck and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in truck and/or forklift
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled facility
- Safely reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties
- Provide excellent service to customers
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid Class B commercial driver’s license
- Possess and maintain a valid DOT physical card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Safe driving record and history
- Forklift experience preferred
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
- Pass a criminal background check
Knowledge: Must have basic knowledge of driving and warehouse safety principles and practices. Training will be provided on knowledge of products and troubleshooting techniques.
Skill: Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills; Must be able to use computerized DOT logs; must be positive, upbeat and have a professional demeanor and a “Yes We Can!” attitude; must be able to handle high volumes in a fast paced environment.
Ability: Efficiently network and coordinate work with internal/external customers and suppliers, to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines, to excel in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask is a must. Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for internal and external customer service excellence; maintain focus and positivity while resolving challenging or complex problems.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace, a pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.