Puyallup, WA – Warehouse Supervisor
Hörmann is hiring for Warehouse Supervisor for the first shift at our corporate manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Our shifts are full time with weekends off, Monday through Friday:
Essential duties of this position:
- Direct responsibility for the storage, organization and distribution of sectional products and accessories; ensure that organization and housekeeping is a top priority of all team members.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of team members involved in warehouse activities on both the day and night shifts; assigns and schedules workload to ensure their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations
- Manages team to meet customer demands and effectively communicates any deviations that prevent the completion of customer orders (backorders).
- Plans and coordinates countermeasures to fulfill all customer shortages and or backorders.
- Optimize employee workflow
- Determine and track critical warehouse key performance indicators
- Establishes timelines for the transfer and storage of all inbound and manufactured products under area of responsibility (products include but are not limited to stock and ATO sections, frames, aluminum rails, astragal, vinyl, and aluminum retainer).
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement in processes and methods
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Track inventory levels and adjust storage space required as needed; provide feedback to inventory control and or purchasing when inventory discrepancies are discovered
- Train, guide and evaluate new and existing warehouse personnel
Any combination of education providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be:
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment with two years supervisory experience.
This position involves standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. It requires grasping and fine manipulation on both hands. The plant is not climate controlled. Noise levels can become high. Hormann provides and requires hearing protection in the department. The work is done in an area where moving mechanical machinery, parts or vibration are located.
Specific vision requirements:
This position requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Machines & Equipment Used:
Tape measure, assembly machine, glue gun, adhesive tapes, routers, miter saw, hand tools and drills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
$60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year