Puyallup, WA – Therma Elite Glazer
Hörmann has Therma Elite Glazer positions open at our corporate manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA.
Read blueprints and apply proposed design to a flush garage door using appropriate tools. Inspect finished product to ensure design is built to exact specifications.
- Pull sections according to work order
- Read and interpret blueprints/drawings
- Inspect section for defects
- Stack sections on assembly machine per work order
- Apply design material to a flush door using glue, and drills
- Inspect finished door design to ensure that it was built to work order specifications
- Route sections for glazing
- Maintain stock
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
Education/experience: Any combination of education providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Two years of previous manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to read a tape measure accurately
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance and more than 50 lbs using a team-lift
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Ability to operate various power saws
- Knowledge of hand tools
- Ability to work quickly and neatly with a high degree of accuracy and an eye for detail
This position involves standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. It requires grasping and fine manipulation on both hands. The plant is not climate controlled. Noise levels can become high. Hörmann provides and requires hearing protection in the department. The work is done in an area where moving mechanical machinery, parts or vibration are located.
Specific vision requirements:
This position requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus. 03/25/2021
Machines & Equipment Used:
Tape measure, assembly machine, glue gun, adhesive tapes, routers, miter saw, hand tools and drills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Who we are:
Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.