Puyallup, WA – Stile Machine Operator
Hörmann is looking for dedicated and hard-working employees to join our team at our manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. We have an opening for:
Stile Machine Operator
Our shifts are full time with weekends off, Monday through Friday:
1st shift hours are 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Pay is $19.00-23.58 per hour
Prepare aluminum stiles for assembly. Cut stiles to length for assembly according production schedule. May be required to perform functions of other jobs within the department
- Obtain work orders and production schedule and chose raw materials accordingly
- Perform quality assurance inspection to assure raw materials meet established standards
- Cut aluminum stile to length needed per work order using chop saw
- Place stile into trim saw/coping machine
- Clean stile from all debris
- Unload stiles to storage racks in assembly area and label them
- Change the blade of the trim saw or chop saw
- Conduct 90 days maintenance on trim saw/coping machine
- Maintain a clean and safe working area
Requirements for our positions:
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent is preferred
- The ability to pass a drug test that includes screening for marijuana
- Good hand/eye coordination
- The ability to lift 50-75 pounds safely with or without assistance
- The ability to accurately read a tape measure
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Read and write in English
Physical Environment/Working Conditions:
This position involves standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day. It requires grasping and fine manipulation on both hands. The plant is not climate controlled. Noise levels can become high. NWD provides and requires hearing protection in the department. The work is done in an area where moving mechanical machinery, parts or vibration are located.
Specific vision requirements:
This position requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Machines & Equipment Used:
Tape measure, chop saw, drills, trim saw, coping machine, storage carousels
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
We offer you great benefits!
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 9 paid holidays per year that start right away
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability
- 401K with company match
- Company paid life insurance
Who we are:
Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.