Puyallup, WA – Shipping Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Hörmann Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States and includes Alaska, Canada and Hawaii. Our company owned Distribution Centers are located in Spokane, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Bakersfield, CA and San Jose, CA
We are seeking a Shipping Supervisor for our second shift (3:00pm to 11:30pm) at our Manufacturing Plant in Puyallup, WA. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and has direct responsibility for planning, organizing, and monitoring the shipment of all items in the Shipping Dock areas in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
Essential duties of this position:
- Manages Shipping Department staffing to ensure the department runs in an effective and efficient manner
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of Shipping Associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; Counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary.
- Develops Crew Leaders to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned employees.
- Maintains an equipment structure and level to accomplish the shipping mission in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Monitors the loading of all materials into the Shipping Department; ensures materials are staged for auditing and inspection; ensures shipping reports accurately report material shipped.
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and shipping reports.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from shipping to the Shipping Clerk for timely data entry. Oversees the movement of material from staging to the shipping and ultimately the customer in an efficient, effective, and safe manner.
- Assist Logistics Manager in managing truck fleet and driver’s schedules.
- Ensures materials are loaded properly to prevent damage during shipment and comply with safety procedures.
- Monitors and measures shipping performance for accuracy.
- Recommends annual budget requirements for the Shipping Department. Anticipate and request funding for future personnel requirements. Anticipate and request funding for future material handling equipment.
Education, job skills and experience needed to be successful in this position:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in Shipping, Warehousing, Receiving, Inventory Control, or Materials Management in a manufacturing environment with two years Supervisory experience.
- Formal Lean 6-Sigma training and experience driving continuous improvement initiatives preferred.
- The ability to safely lift 50 to 75 pounds (with or without accommodation) throughout the workday.
Click here to fill out a job application online!
We offer great benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability
- 3 weeks paid time off accruing from day one
- 401K with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid weekly
- Company paid life insurance
Who we are:
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.