Puyallup, WA – Shipping Planner
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity.
We are seeking a Shipping Planner to help facilitate the timely coordination and shipment of all customer orders and deliveries here at our Corporate office in Puyallup, WA. This position will work with production scheduling, customer service and purchasing to meet service, cost and on time deliveries to customers.
You may do any or all of the following:
- Develop and deliver shipping schedule by analyzing and organizing customer orders to determine shipping needs based upon product lead times and availability. Will monitor and adjust shipping schedule based upon production and sales performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer orders are scheduled to specific shipments based upon material availability and is responsible for full oversight of date maintenance related to customer orders.
- Communicates with Customer Service, Purchasing, Production Scheduling, Manufacturing and Shipping to ensure that shipping schedule is set up to meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for developing shipping schedule that is level loaded and identifies capacity constraints in manufacturing and shipping.
- Prioritizes customer orders for each shipment based upon lead times and or past due orders as applicable.
- Assists customer service with customer issues and order problems in order to develop solution for them. Respond to customer feedback and complaints by developing new systems and methods to prevent occurrences.
- Work with customer service to notify customers of backorders and other issues and provide revised ship date based upon material availability.
- Planner helps to identify inefficiencies in the filling and shipping of customer orders and develops root cause/corrective actions to resolve issues.
Do you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred.
- Experience of 5 or more years in Planning, Scheduling and Inventory in a manufacturing environment will be considered in lieu of a college degree.
- Clerical knowledge – Proficiency in MS office, ERP systems, planning and scheduling software.
- Knowledge of scheduling, manufacturing and customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet targets and deadlines.
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Click here to fill out a job application online.
We offer great benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 3 weeks paid time off accruing from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid weekly
Northwest Door LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.