Puyallup, WA – Senior Human Resource Generalist
We are seeking a motivated, employee friendly Senior Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for a wide range of cross-discipline responsibilities which require an understanding of most HR functions. You will be responsible for interstate compliance in HR related fields, employee relations; leave management, benefits administration; and full cycle recruitment.
Hörmann Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. Our Manufacturing division is the core of our company and is located with the Corporate Offices in Puyallup, WA. Our manufacturing division and corporate offices support our Distribution Centers located in Spokane, WA; Sumner, WA; Marysville, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and San Jose, CA.
If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Hörmann Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you. Hörmann Northwest Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
- Advise managers and supervisors on employee relations related laws, regulations and company policy and procedure.
- Administer the company-wide benefits program including, new hire benefits and open enrollment; answering employee questions regarding benefits; entering and updating benefits information in the data base.
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintains and updates employee handbook
- Administer the company-wide leave program for FMLA, ADA, and Workers Compensation including tracking and reporting, in accordance with various state requirements.
- Use ADP Workforce Now to enter and extract employee data; develop and run reports; administer benefits and retirement programs.
- Attract, hire and retain the best talent through innovative sourcing and recruiting and selection processes; conduct interviews and background checks and make job offers.
- Conduct new hire orientation and process new hire paperwork; update orientation processes as needed.
- Answer and refer human resources related questions and inquiries.
Essential Job Skills and Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of professional Human Resources experience including benefits and leave administration; and worker’s compensation experience
- Strong working knowledge and skill in ADP Workforce Now is a must
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification a plus
Knowledge: Working knowledge of Federal, State and local human resources and employment law and regulations; worker’s compensation process and procedures including L&I; training and development techniques.
Skill: Sourcing, recruiting and interviewing techniques; using ADP Workforce Now software, administering benefits programs and benefits compliance; coaching and advising employees and supervisors alike, working quickly and accurately under pressure, analyzing projects and establishing priorities, working cooperatively with others, paying attention to detail, and strong skill in Microsoft Office Suite, proficient speaking, writing and reading in English and strong math skills.
Ability: Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; multi-task effectively; work as part of a high-performing team; make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues; interpret HR regulations, methods, policies and procedures.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance; ample paid time off (PTO), 9 paid Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan with company match; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.