Puyallup, WA – Production Scheduler
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann Northwest Door has a Production Scheduler position available at our manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. This position will assist with coordinating and developing production schedules on a daily or weekly basis to meet manufacturing goals, take stock of inventory levels, and facilitate providing necessary materials and components. This position will also assist with reviewing schedules, work orders, and staffing plans in order to calculate and allocate resources as needed and recommend revisions as necessary. The Production Scheduler will communicate frequently with line management and customer service regarding the status of orders or projects. This position will also assist to analyze past and present data to generate reports and create more effective schedules.
Essential duties of this position:
- Ensure proper scheduling of materials for production in accordance with customer demands and equipment availability.
- Assist in maintaining ERP system production schedules to ensure accuracy
- Extensive familiarity with inventory control processes; assist in reconciling all cycle counts as needed
- Coordinates material requirements and delivery to line
- Acts as point of contact for departments and management when Production Scheduler is unavailable
- Ensure proper communication of production issues to line and management
- Attend daily production meetings
- Communicated effectively with internal and external customers
Education, job skills and experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
- Certification in Production Operations, APICS or CPIM preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing environment experience
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of ERP systems and MRP desired, proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel and Access, basic understanding of scheduling concepts, practices and procedures and must have a basic knowledge of cycle count and inventory control techniques. Must possess the ability to effectively interact with all members of the organization and work independently.
Skill: Excellent mathematical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, must display strong interpersonal skills, and must have the ability to multi-task in order to handle multiple projects at one time without sacrificing quality of work
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.