Puyallup, WA – Product Engineer
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann Northwest Door has an Entry-Level Product Engineer position available at our manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. This is a great introductory role for anyone what wants to learn all facets of product support, including but not limited to customer requests, documentation, and new product development. As well as working through and documenting manufacturing issues and concatenating product documentation and drawings.
Essential duties of this position:
- Assists with product designs and improvements to existing product lines
- Develops and maintains all product drawings, specifications, and support information
- Manages company-wide product documentation system
- Maintains product testing, and supports other new product development and current product refinement projects as assigned
- Creates component and assembly drawings
- Uses design software to create detailed drawings of product parts and assemblies to established document standards
- Creates product support documents, sales illustrations, Bills of Material, and installation instructions
- Develops supporting technical product information such as formulas, test data, and general information
- Provides technical product support. Answers questions, provides drawings, and performs investigations for customers, sales, service, QA and others as needed
- Manages product documentation and documentation systems
- Maintains accuracy and currency of all technical product information through standard process for document approval and control
- Maintains product design and product information support
- Orders and schedules product testing
- Orders test units and supervises testing
Education, job skills and experience:
- Bachelors of Science in any Engineering discipline
- Experience in a manufacturing production environment preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, CAD/Solidworks/Creo
Skills and ability: Ability to follow through on commitments, work with a cross-functional team, plan, coordinate and oversee projects. A high degree of proficiency in data mining. Excellent organizational and time management skills. Strong analytical abilities, strategic thinking and judgment. Ability to foster teamwork. Be adaptable and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.