Puyallup, WA – Payroll, Benefits, and HR Administrator
Payroll, Benefits, and HR Administrator
Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
We are hiring a Payroll, Benefits, and HR Administrator for our HR department in Puyallup, WA Manufacturing Facility. This position will be responsible for administering Hörmann Northwest Door’s benefit programs and processing payroll, as well as assisting with various HR related job duties and tasks. This person will also be responsible for reconciling monthly billings and working with employees to ensure they understand their benefits.
- Full-cycle payroll processing on a weekly basis, ADP experience preferred.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
- Set up, terminate, and modify employee payroll records as appropriate to ensure accurate processing of payroll including rates and deductions, levies, garnishments and other payroll deductions.
- Facilitate new-employee orientation and ensure appropriate onboarding process of new employees.
- Set up, terminate, and modify employee benefits including COBRA, periodic enrollments to ensure accurate and timely processing of employee benefits for health, dental, AD&D, life, worker’s compensation, 401(k), flexible spending, or other benefits programs which may be offered.
- Contribute to the maintenance of accurate personnel records by ensuring timely filing and archival of employee benefit enrollments and changes.
- Contribute to employee benefit communications as necessary including developing communication tools to enhance the understanding of the benefit programs offered by Northwest Door.
- Contribute to the development of processes and guidelines to ensure accurate processing of employee pay and benefit additions, terminations and modifications.
- Follow established processes and guidelines to ensure complete and accurate task completion.
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information by internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Prepare special reports as necessary and requested including participating in periodic reviews and/or audits of personnel, payroll or benefits records.
- Maintaining confidentiality in all records and reports.
- Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
- Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture.
- Process complaints regarding sexual harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain personnel files.
Essential Job Skills and Experience:
Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- 4-year degree highly preferred or equivalent experience in HR, Payroll, and Benefits.
- Functional knowledge of payroll processing with 3+ years’ experience preferred (ADP preferred)
- Functional knowledge of Human Resources, payroll, and benefits administration
- Computer skills, which include a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to manage details and meet deadlines with 100% accuracy in a fast, multi-task environment
- Strong people skills, customer service-oriented approach, responds to requests with a sense of urgency
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to recognize issues and resolve or escalate appropriately
- High degree of honesty, ethics and integrity with prior work experience handling confidential information
- At least 3-5 years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred, but not required.
- Can work flexible hours when required to complete necessary job assignments.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills. Essential Mental Functions:
- The successful candidate must be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently or collaboratively as a member of a team; above all, must be solutions oriented.
- Must exhibit strong leadership skills as well as possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Write routine reports and correspondences.
- Speak and communicate well with internal and external customers.
Knowledge: In-depth understanding of the payroll process including the ability to research state and Federal rules and regulations, working knowledge of benefit contract language and human resource rules and regulations including those related to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Section 125, Worker’s Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements
Benefits: We offer a fantastic compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, free parking and more!
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 – $34.00 per hour