Puyallup, WA – Marketing Assistant
Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States including Alaska and Hawaii. Our company owned Distribution Centers are located in Spokane, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Bakersfield, CA and San Jose, CA.
We are seeking a Marketing Assistant who supports day-to-day marketing operations including media campaigns, promotions, projects, and special events; researches, maintains, and reports on marketing data to aid management in determining marketing direction; manages and optimizes online assets such as websites, photo gallery, blog, and social media accounts; and creates and schedules content for social media, website, and blog. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters located in Puyallup, WA and may travel occasionally.
- Assist to create, deliver, edit, and optimize marketing materials.
- Manage and grow Northwest Door’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Houzz, and Pinterest and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Work with supervisor and other departments to determine marketing needs.
- Research media coverage and industry trends.
- Contribute creative and impactful ideas that will help Northwest Door and our dealer base grow.
- Speak and present internally and externally to promote Northwest Door’s products and services.
- Provide general support to marketing department and other departments as needed.
- Occasionally travel for trade shows, open houses and to take photos for marketing materials.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or closely related field preferred but not required
- One year of marketing experience preferred but not required
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite
Click here to fill out a job application online.
Knowledge: Knowledge of Marketing principles and strategies; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, and Google Analytics; knowledge of photography principles and best practices, knowledge of AutoCAD a plus, knowledge of communication strategies for use on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Skill: Strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent computer skills, must be well organized; skill in facilitating effective in person and video training and presentations; researching trends.
Ability: To effectively interact with all members of the organization; ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time without sacrificing quality of work.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, and free parking!
Northwest door is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace and a pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted prior to any offer.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.