Puyallup, WA – Maintenance Tech II – 3rd Shift
Hörmann is seeking a Maintenance Technician II to work on our Third Shift (10pm to 6:30am) who will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing all plant systems and equipment. This position will be working with steel roll former machinery and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Essential duties of this position:
- Work with steel roll former machinery
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Repair pumps and vacuum systems
- Perform advanced troubleshooting
- Install or repair conveyers; replace motors
- Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production line issues and problems
- Provide routine preventative maintenance
- Create requisitions of parts and supplies to maintain equipment
- Identify problem areas and address with permanent solutions
Education, job skills and experience needed to be successful in this position:
- At least 5 years of work experience in equipment maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent, certificate from college or technical school preferred
- Proficient with a computer with the ability to learn new software
Knowledge: Working knowledge of electrical, electronic controls, PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, and tooling safe work practices and policies, plumbing and carpentry knowledge, building and equipment maintenance practices; lock out tag out best practices
Skill: Working with hand power tools, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment, strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills; using electrical testing equipment; safety processes and procedures; excellent customer service skills, proficiency with computers and software
Ability: To work independently with minimal supervision; read and understand technical/repair manual and vendor resources; install new machines; ability to learn new software
We offer great benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability
- 3 weeks paid time off accruing from day one
- 401K with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid weekly
- Company paid life insurance
Who we are:
Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.