Puyallup, WA – Maintenance Manager
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company.
We are seeking an experienced leader to be Maintenance Manager for our corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. This position ensures successful preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance for plant assets including equipment, machinery and related facilities; oversees schedules and directs the maintenance team.
- Drive maintenance operations through empowerment and leadership
- Initiate corrective and preventive maintenance programs and continuous improvement opportunities through defined channels
- Participate in developing, implementing and verifying corrective or improvement channels
- Maintain all production machines to ensure maximum running efficiency per OSHA regulations
- Monitor completion of job assignments through frequent field observation and inspections and revises instructions and time frames as necessary
- Develop specifications and make recommendations on capital equipment purchases
- Schedule and supervise work performed by contractors or subcontractors within the system
- Maintain appropriate documentation of maintenance schedules, equipment installations, structural repairs, work orders and other operating reports
- Manage maintenance budget including monitoring inventory and expenses
- Supervise and train employees on equipment, procedures, work standards and proper safety procedures
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees and actively participate in the plant safety program
- Respond professionally to requests for information from the public regarding the structure and maintenance of the facility
- Supervise minor maintenance and servicing of lift equipment and vehicles
Education/Experience/Requirements: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
- Five + years’ experience as a Maintenance Supervisor, Engineer, or equivalent in a manufacturing environment
- Project management experience
- Experience in metal stamping/roll forming manufacturing equipment preferred
- Equipment design experience is a plus
Click here to fill out a job application online.
We proudly offer terrific benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- 3 weeks’ paid time off accruing from day one
- 401(k) with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid weekly
- Company paid life insurance
Northwest Door LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.