Puyallup, WA – Logistics Coordinator
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann Northwest Door has a Logistics Coordinator position available at our manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. The position will coordinate transportation providers (internal and external) to ensure all shipping requirements are met. Quote various transportation requirements for domestic and internal shipments, and prepares Bills of Lading and other shipping documents for consistency and accuracy.
Essential duties of this position:
- Coordinating transportation providers (internal and external) to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments
- Responding to internal and external customer inquiries related to freight quotes and timing of shipments
- Preparing bills and reviewing Shipping documents to ensure accuracy
- Making special shipping arrangements as necessary for internal or container shipments to customers
- Tracking and fixing shipping errors
- Ensuring that the quality of all services provided meets the required standards
- Coordinates activities of departments to deliver efficient material movement to drive costs/inventory investment down while improving accuracy and response time to customers
- Provide daily communication to stakeholders so that all loads are loaded and depart on time and within the scheduled work day
- Schedule all tasks related to the delivery of products post production. This includes but is not limited to; customer pick-ups, LTL, TL, Intermodal as well as international shipping
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers that supports company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized, reduces costs and increases customer service
- Supports plant business units’ goals of quality, safety, productivity, and customer service
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective logistics processes, policies, and procedures
Education/experience: Any combination of education providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be:
- Associates degree in a related field
- A minimum of five years logistics, warehousing, related experience
Knowledge: Knowledge of company products or related building industry experience, understanding of applicable standards and regulations; e.g. DOT Regulations, Customs Paperwork (COA, Bills of Lading, etc.)
Skill: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent computer skills, organizational skills and ability to remain calm and tactful under pressure; Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills; proficient using a computer and Microsoft Office Suite; Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Ability: To work collaboratively or individually, problem solve and troubleshoot, multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time without sacrificing quality of work; to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels; to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds; to exercise good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.