Puyallup, WA – Engineer Manager
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann Northwest Door has an Engineering Manager position available at our manufacturing facility located in Puyallup, WA. The Engineer Manager is responsible for overseeing our team of Engineers and the completion of engineering projects. The duties include hiring and training qualified engineering staff, setting project budgets, and timelines for completion. All while also helping the staff run tests or troubleshoot issues with production, newly designed products and plant equipment and automation. The Engineering Manager will collaborate with other department managers, including finance, marketing, production, materials, equipment, and contractor suppliers. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations.
Essential duties of this position:
- Developing detailed plans for new products and equipment
- Making determinations for equipment, staff and training needs
- Proposing project and program budgets and managing said projects and budgets
- Input to Capital Expenditures related to facilities, equipment and automation, and tracking of these expenditures
- Hiring and supervising engineering staff
- Mentoring junior engineering staff
- Leading projects that produce new designs, products and processes
- Checking the engineering team’s work for technical accuracy
- Ensuring the validity of methods used by staff
- Coordinating work requirements with other managers and staff
Education, job skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an engineer in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience as an Engineering Manager
- Engineering experience in building products (steel processing preferred)
- Professional Engineering accreditation preferred
Knowledge: Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards, administration and management, production and processing, engineering and technology, material handling tools and technology, chemistry, mathematics, economics and accounting, computers and electronics; RFP design, negotiation tactics and techniques.
Skill: Management of resources, reading comprehension, active listening and learning, critical thinking, sound communication skills verbally and in writing, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making, troubleshooting, time management, and operations analysis, negotiating favorable contracts with suppliers and vendors
Ability: to lead professional employees to a collaborative and common goal; forecast costs, perform audits, write reports, give presentations,
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
Hörmann Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.