Puyallup, WA – Developer
Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States including Alaska and Hawaii. Our company owned Distribution Centers are located in Marysville, WA; Sumner, WA; Spokane, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and San Jose, CA.
We are seeking a Developer for our corporate headquarters in Puyallup, WA.
Working with a variety of business stakeholders, this role is integral to the delivery of ERP solutions for Northwest Door. This role will have responsibility for development and delivery of technical solutions whilst ensuring best practice for business processes and optimizing the usage of the ERP platform and related systems. Analyze requirements for complex business, statistical, and technical problems. Write, detail and code program instructions. Work with end users to define business data issues and devise solutions. Prioritize incoming requests and projects from multiple sources and participate in team projects to integrate, improve, and promote highly functional and secure systems throughout our company. Use business knowledge and technical skills to integrate functions, applications, tools and information from various sources into workstation processes, which improve end-user productivity. This position will integrate with 3rd party applications and exchange information in a secure and effective manner while meeting the needs of our users as well as provide support for installed applications and effectively communicate with users to achieve business goals.
- Find and implement IT solutions to identify gaps between operational processes and systems functionality
- Troubleshoot computer software and system difficulties, propose solutions, track and assure resolution through appropriate follow up methods
- Perform maintenance and systems changes that improve efficiencies, performance and reliability
- Provide solutions and resolve less complex systems issues and problems
- Troubleshoot production-related application issues, debug and implement changes
- Assess user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities
- Research product development options and provide analysis. Create related documentation
- Provide product development support to internal departments
- Configure plan-outlining steps required to develop program using structured analysis and design. Develop and test, computer programs. Submit plans to user for approval
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting proprietary applications and software.
- Plan and execute software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces
- Analyze the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identify alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives
- Research and document overall systems descriptions, batch processes, flows and dependencies
- Participate in after-hours on-call support for major incidents
- Commitment to learning additional skills as needed
- Conduct end-user training for all in-house applications
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Developer or programming experience using software/ERP systems in a manufacturing environment required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a company vehicle, salary plus commission, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
Knowledge: Knowledge of MS Visual Studio product suite, principles and concepts of total quality process improvements and problem solving methods, computer technology principals, their application and troubleshooting techniques, system security systems, backup and disaster recovery processes, data and system security, .
Ability: to focus on multiple projects at once and troubleshoot quickly, to analyze situations correctly and follow an effective course of action, to follow, explore and evaluate technical directions, to understand and follow oral and written directions, to work confidentially and with discretion, meet project timelines, trouble shoot issues.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.