Puyallup, WA – Developer/Programmer
Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States including Alaska and Hawaii. Our company owned Distribution Centers are located in Marysville, WA; Sumner, WA; Spokane, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and San Jose, CA.
We are seeking a Developer/Programmer for our corporate headquarters in Puyallup, WA to develop and maintain a wide variety of complex computer programs and applications to meet business needs. Analyze requirements for complex business, statistical, technical and mathematical problems. Write, detail and code program instructions. Work with end users to define business data issues and devise solutions. Prioritize incoming requests and projects from multiple sources and participate in team projects to integrate, improve, and promote highly functional and secure systems throughout our company. Use business knowledge and technical skills to integrate functions, applications, tools and information from various sources into workstation processes which improve end-user productivity.
This position will integrate with 3rd party applications and exchange information in a secure and effective manner while meeting the needs of our users as well as provide support for installed applications and effectively communicate with users to achieve business goals.
Click here to fill out a job application online!
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a company vehicle, salary plus commission, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
- Write code and test programming for all in-house applications
- Conduct end-user training for all in-house applications
- Balance workday between multiple projects and respond to tech support requests
- Implement systems for in-house production environment
- Troubleshoot bugs and issues
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software and system difficulties, propose solutions, track and assure resolution through appropriate follow up methods
- Perform maintenance and systems changes that improve efficiencies performance and reliability
- Provide solutions and resolve less complex systems issues and problems
- Troubleshoot production problems, performs bug fixes, and implements changes to production applications
- Assess user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities
- Research product development options and provides analysis for product direction. Create related documentation
- Provide support regarding product development to internal departments
- Configure plan outlining steps required to develop program, using structured analysis and design. Plan, develop, test, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Submit plans to user for approval
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting proprietary applications and software.
- Plan and execute software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces
- Analyze the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives
- Research and document overall systems descriptions, batch processes, flows and dependencies
- Participate in after-hours on-call support
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Three years of SAP experience highly desired
Knowledge: Knowledge of MS Visual Studio product suite, principles and concepts of total quality process improvements and problem solving methods, computer technology principals, their application and troubleshooting techniques, system security systems, backup and disaster recovery processes, data and system security, .
Ability: to focus on multiple projects at once and troubleshoot quickly, to analyze situations correctly and follow an effective course of action, to follow, explore and evaluate technical directions, to understand and follow oral and written directions, to work confidentially and with discretion, meet project timelines, trouble shoot issues.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.