Puyallup, WA – Class A Truck Driver
Experienced Class A Truck Driver Needed!
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We are seeking a Class A CDL Delivery Driver to deliver garage door sections and associated products from our production facility in Puyallup, WA to our local distribution centers and customers. These are day trip deliveries with drivers typically home every night. This position is responsible for unloading freight at select locations and positively reflecting the quality and service for which Northwest Door is known.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Operate a truck/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting non-hazardous materials
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification
- Provide excellent service to customers
- Perform other duties as needed
- Graduation from High School or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license
- 21 years of age or older
- Forklift experience preferred
- Safe driving record and history
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
- Have current DOT physical card
We offer you a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and nine paid Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.