Puyallup, WA – CAD Drafter II
Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
We are seeking a CAD Drafter II for our Manufacturing Plant in Puyallup, WA. This position interprets information obtained from specifications, sketches, customer layout drawings and instructions furnished by others and convert the information into detailed drawings with section views and dimensions using CAD applications. Responsible for determining whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances. Prepares bills of materials and specifications. This position is a vital team member in further expanding and developing the Company’s product data management system as well as providing vital input in developing the processes and procedures related to product development and the ECR/ECO process.
- Drafting custom drawings both for external and internal customers.
- Provides detailed component description such as dimensions, materials, and procedures for door, equipment, facility, and marketing drawings.
- Manages multiple design variations, template development, and electronic drawing storage.
- Works from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings and/or other specifications.
- Stores and manages drawing files electronically via Windchill PDM.
- Assists Engineering with projects including driving smaller projects to completion and assisting the team with large projects.
- Provides timely response to customer request in fast-paced, demanding environment.
Education, job skills and experience needed to be successful in this position: Any combination of education providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- Graduation from High School or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years CAD based design experience
Knowledge: Basic proficiency with CAD software – CREO and AutoCAD familiarity preferred, Mechanical and technical Capacity, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Skill: Critical thinking skills; strong customer service skills; CAD, CAD/CAM Design, strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving/analysis.
We offer great benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 3 weeks paid time off accruing from day one
- 401K with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid weekly
- Company paid life insurance
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.