Puyallup, WA – Accountant
We are hiring an Accountant for our Puyallup, WA Manufacturing Facility. This position will be responsible for ensuring that business transactions are recorded accurately, timely, within policies and procedures and in according with GAAP.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Prepare assigned journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform various Treasury functions including bank reconciliations and cash schedules
- Completes monthly accounting close efforts, process and calculation of transactions, and prepare auditable account reconciliations
- Prepare general tax reports (sales, payroll and personal property taxes)
- Prepare tax entries and document business transactions
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recording of fixed assets.
- Assists with long-term accounting projects, upgrades and/or process enhancements
- Compile audit PBC requests and selections for testing
- Assists Finance Director with development and execution of monthly, quarterly and annual financial plans for corporate manufacturing facility and distribution centers that are geographically dispersed
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned
Essential Job Skills and Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Consolidation experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Proficient in ERP/Accounting software (Frontier and SAP a plus), data import and export and Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of fixed asset control and depreciation, knowledge of manufacturing financial environment that includes Multi State sales tax and reporting is a plus.
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Proficient in computer applications (specifically Microsoft Office Suite and Pivot table use and development), Ability to positively impact performance and teamwork at all levels, teambuilding and analytical skills are required
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, free parking and more!
Please note: this position is required to be in the office in Puyallup 5 days a week. We do not offer remote work options.
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.