Puyallup, WA – Production Supervisor
Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States including Alaska and Hawaii. Our company owned Distribution Centers are located in Marysville, WA; Sumner, WA; Spokane, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; and San Jose, CA.
We are currently seeking a leader to provide direction to a team of production associates assembling garage door sections. The Production Supervisor works out of our corporate headquarters in Puyallup, WA.
Click here to fill out a job application online!
- Supervise and coordinate activities of team members: assign and schedule work load to ensure their ability to safely work in their assigned areas.
- Analyze operations, personnel activities and processes to support improvements that impact company profitability.
- Plan for, examine, analyze, and evaluate production through put of products for specified lines or departments.
- Develops, recommends and implements changes in processes that either streamlines operations or personnel requirements to maximize profitability and quality.
- Participate in the development of short and long range manufacturing objectives and strategies for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Implement performance standards and measure individual employees on a fair and consistent basis.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Graduation from High School or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in warehousing, production, or materials management in a manufacturing environment with two years supervisory experience.
Knowledge: Principles, practices, and methods of manufacturing. Working knowledge of federal and local laws and regulations that are used for the selection, development, promotion and performance change issues including reviews and corrective actions.
Skill: Planning, coordinating, and directing, evaluating and giving feedback on production activities. Leadership, performance management, problem solving/analysis, communication and time management. Preparing varied reports and analyses; communicating clearly and concisely orally and in writing; supervision, training and evaluating assigned personnel.
Ability: Ability to motivate and effectively communicate goals and objectives to team members. Ability to drive change (processes, programs, policies, etc.) Ability to problem solve.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Benefits: We offer a terrific compensation and benefits package including a company vehicle, salary plus commission, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, short-term disability insurance, 9 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, longevity bonuses, service awards, tuition reimbursement and company events.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.