Boise, ID – Class C Delivery Driver
Hörmann is seeking a full-time Delivery Driver for our distribution center located in Meridian, ID. This position will deliver garage door sections and associated products to and from our customers. These are day trip deliveries with drivers typically home every night. This position is responsible for unloading freight at select locations and positively reflecting the quality and service for which Hörmann is known.
Essential duties of this position:
- Operate a truck up to 11 consecutive hours.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Wash trucks, clean, load deliveries and/or will-call customers.
- Unload & load freight at the distribution center and customer locations and be able to lift 50 to 75 lbs with or without assistance.
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification.
- Provide excellent service to customers
Education and experience needed to be successful in this position:
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid Idaho State driver’s license
- Computer literacy needed
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Safe driving record and history
- Forklift experience preferred
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
- Pass a criminal background check
We offer great benefits:
- Home most evening and weekends
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability
- 3 weeks paid time off accruing from day one
- 401K with company match
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Paid weekly
- Company paid life insurance
Who we are:
Hörmann is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. We offer a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities, and efforts define our success as a company.
Hörmann is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Hörmann is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.