Salt Lake City, UT – Warehouse/Back-up Driver
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Worker/Back-up Class B Delivery Driver to be based out of our Salt Lake City Distribution Center. This is a non-exempt position working Monday through Friday with overtime occasionally required.
The ideal candidate must be professional, have a courteous attitude and provide excellent service to customers; be prompt, have excellent daily attendance and be a team player. They will be able to read and follow instructions; have English language literacy, have basic math skills and be able to perform in a busy environment.
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
For more information about our company, visit our website at www.northwestdoor.com. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the position in the subject title. Applications are also accepted on site at 625 W 3900 St, Bldg D, Unit #1, Salt Lake City, UT 84123 during regular business hours Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Summary of Job Duties
- Accurately pulls product to fill orders
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally with assistance)
- Receives shipments and verifies receipt of each item
- Moves inventory into product home location
- Keeps the warehouse safe, neat and clean; organized and operating efficiently
- Communicates effectively with others to coordinate deliveries and pickup
- Acts as a back-up driver to include:
- Operate a truck/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting non-hazardous materials.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Safely climb in and out of a truck and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in truck and/or forklift.
- Wash delivery vehicles, keep inside clean and free from garbage
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification.
- Safely reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Provide excellent service to customers.
- Prompt daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled facility
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- Warehousing experience preferred
- Lift 50-75 pounds (with or without accommodation) safely throughout the workday.
Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of products and quality standards. Must have basic knowledge of warehouse principles and practices. Will be trained on product knowledge and troubleshooting techniques.
Skill: Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, Microsoft Office, proficient computer, keyboarding and 10-key skills, positive, upbeat and professional demeanor; a “Yes We Can!” attitude, professional, engaging verbal communication skills by phone and in person, handling high volume phones and fast paced environment.
Ability: Efficiently network and coordinate work with customers and suppliers, to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines, to excel in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask is a must. Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for customer service excellence; maintain focus and positivity while resolving challenging or complex problems.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.