Salt Lake City, UT – Distribution Center Manager
Come Join our Team!
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity.
We are seeking a Manager for our Salt Lake City, Utah Distribution Center. This has the direct responsibility for the profitability of the Distribution Center. This responsibility includes partnering with the Territory Sales Manager to enhance both Sales and Operations of the Distribution Center. The position oversees financial planning and budgeting and controls daily accounting practices, inventory control, warehouse management, personnel management, development and implementation of systems and reporting functions for the division.
This position directly supports planning, analyzing, and evaluating division sales, operations and personnel in a continuous effort to develop short and long range sales objectives, plan strategies for attainment, develop performance standards and measure attainment of goals on a continuous and consistent basis.
Essential job duties
- Direct responsibility for daily operations of the Distribution Center.
- Develop distribution budgets and manage expenses within the budgets.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives while maintaining productivity and quality.
- Lead and supervise the training and development of employees.
- Hire, coach, mentor distribution center employees.
- Monitor individual and team performance and provide feedback for improvements.
- Oversee ordering, receiving, inventory management, and pricing of products and outside vendors.
- Work with warehouse and transportation staff to ensure timely and accurate deliveries from manufacturing plant.
- Provide residential and commercial specifications and assist in bid process as required, maximizing profitability for the D.C.
- Oversee customer order processing, invoicing and credit management in accordance with established procedures.
- Plan and schedule deliveries to meet customer needs.
- Address customer queries and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that company transport vehicles are maintained in good working conditions.
Education and Experience Required
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications should include a combination of:
- Five years’ experience in the garage door industry or in a field directly relating to distribution center management.
- Two years’ experience supervising and leading teams with a direct responsibility for personnel selection, development and feedback.
- Three years’ experience in development of sales and/or marketing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
We offer a comprehensive compensation, bonus and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
Knowledge: Principles, practices, and methods of commercial (contractor) and residential sales, garage door installation and operational business issues; budgeting and reporting; sales analysis and forecasting. Understanding of federal and local laws and regulations that govern the selection, development, promotion and performance change issues including reviews and corrective actions up to and including terminations that are supported by the Human Resources Department.
Skill: Planning, coordinating, and directing sales, warehouse and installation operations. Preparing varied sales reports and analyses; communicating clearly and concisely orally and in writing; selecting, supervising, training and evaluating support staff.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes. A criminal background check must also be cleared.