Puyallup, WA – Warehouse Supervisor
If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you.
The Warehouse Supervisor plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or finished product from the assembly lines for storage; ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so that parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Direct responsibility for operation of receiving, inside racking system and outside yard
- Supervises and coordinates activities of team members; assigns and schedules work load
- Oversees incoming shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Oversees the movement of material from receiving to the warehouse and yard in an efficient, effective and safe manner
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials
- Determines space requirements and placement of incoming shipments including raw materials
- Identified opportunities for continuous improvement
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of warehouse and receiving associates; ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations
- Oversees the unloading of all materials into the receiving department; ensures materials are staged for counting and inspection; ensures receiving reports accurately report material received
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports. Monitors the flow of paperwork from receiving to inventory control for timely data entry
- Oversees the supplying of materials to production lines and stages material for assembly. Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures. Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse
- May assist workers in shipping and receiving activities
Our ideal Warehouse Supervisor will have three to five years’ experience in warehousing, receiving, inventory control, or materials management in a manufacturing environment with two years supervisory experience and have graduated from high school or equivalent.
- Knowledge:Principles, practices, and methods of shipping and receiving. Working knowledge of federal and local laws and regulations that are used for the selection, development, promotion and performance change issues including reviews and corrective actions.
Benefits include : Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal days and holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of vacation; and team events.
Northwest Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment. Northwest Door LLC is a drug-free workplace.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.