Puyallup, WA – Vice President of Manufacturing
Northwest Door, LLC is seeking a proven leader to be the Vice President of Manufacturing responsible for the direction, strategy, planning and delivery of the company’s manufacturing facility. Our 300,000 square foot facility located at our Corporate Office in Puyallup, WA is home base for our manufacturing, warehousing, maintenance and quality assurance employees.
We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working on a high-performing executive team, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you. Northwest Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Successfully lead and manage all manufacturing operations and functions to include manufacturing, maintenance and facilities, shipping, receiving, inventory control, quality, productivity, engineering, and continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for contributing to the development, implementation and follow through of all plant policies, processes and procedures.
- Understand, adhere to and lead using the NWD Leadership success guidelines.
- Supervise, coach, mentor and lead continuous learning of the manufacturing team.
- Specifically improve the performance of all key KPI’s in the manufacturing areas through utilizing rapid, continuous process improvement tools including Lean, value stream, kaizen events, and Six Sigma where appropriate.
- Prepare annual capital and expense budgets then regularly update results with forecasts and counter under budget performance with countermeasures as appropriate.
- Lead detailed reviews of performance and results of both manufacturing KPI’s and capital projects.
- Lead the drive toward daily automatic dashboards for all critical process indicators in manufacturing.
- Ensure clear accountability for results through the direct reports to the process owner(s).
- Oversight of standardization management.
- Promote a safety culture that drives zero incidents.
- Drive change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results.
- Review, maintain, control, implement corrective actions, and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations and ensure incremental performance.
- Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental, and labor regulations as required.
- Develop and maintain innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations.
- Provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in safety, quality, productivity, and delivery performance.
- Develop and drive an operations strategy to support organizational growth objectives.
- Design, implement and lead best-in-class business process including manufacturing systems optimization, supply chain development, customer satisfaction and quality improvements.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Process Engineering or a directly related field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible manufacturing leadership experience
- Certification in process improvement methodologies with demonstrated relevant skills and experience
- Experience with machine automation including roll forming, deep draw press and high volume mixed model assemblies
Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position.
Knowledge of: Continuous improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness; budgets and financial statements, understanding of business and management principles, the manufacturing industry including competition and trends, regulatory compliance, lean manufacturing principals
Skill in: Excellent organizational and communication skills, consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance, high-level leadership and decision making skills, developing strong talent, cross-functional partnering and influencing, expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced math skills
Ability to: Create and maintain cooperative team building relationships, meet deadlines and work under pressure, drive change transformation and strategy execution to achieve specific business results; utilize the latest technology to enhance the growth of an organization, use moderate statistic techniques to analyze data , foster a working relationship with team members, peers and executive management teams, soliciting input
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal days and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of vacation; and team events
We are a drug-free workplace; screening and background checks will be conducted. A negative drug screen is required prior to any offer of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.