Puyallup, WA – Shipping Supervisor
We are seeking a Shipping Supervisor for our corporate headquarters located in Puyallup, WA. This position has direct responsibility for planning, organizing, and monitoring the shipment of all items for the Will Call, Shipping Dock and Milk Run areas. The Shipping Supervisor reports to the Logistics Manager.
- Oversees three area leads and at least 20 employees performing the day to day operations of the shipping department.
- Plans and coordinates work, trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of shipping employees; ensures their ability to safely operate equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations; coaches, mentors, counsels and disciplines as necessary.
- Develops area leads to effectively oversee the daily routines of their assigned employees.
- Monitors the loading of all materials into the Shipping Department; ensures materials are staged for auditing and inspection; ensures shipping reports accurately report material shipped.
- Resolves discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and shipping reports.
- Monitors the flow of paperwork from shipping to the Shipping Clerk for timely data entry.
- Oversees the movement of material from staging to the shipping and ultimately the customer in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Oversees the truck fleet our 6 CDL drivers and their schedules.
- Ensures materials are loaded properly to prevent damage during shipment and comply with safety procedures.
- Monitors and measures shipping performance for accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Skills and Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
- At least 3 years of experience running a shipping department preferably in a manufacturing environment
- At least 2 years’ supervisory experience preferably in a shipping department
- High school diploma or GED
Knowledge: Strong knowledge of shipping, and material handling operations, methods, and practices, Knowledge of Bar Code Technology and Electronic Data Interchange; Principles, practices, and methods of manufacturing. Policies and Procedures (based on federal and local laws and regulations); FMCSA and DOT regulations; E-logs; lean principals and practices
Skill: Planning, coordinating, and directing, evaluating and giving feedback on work activities. Preparing varied timekeeping reports and analyses; communicating clearly and concisely orally and in writing; supervising, training and evaluating assigned personnel.
Ability: Operating a computer and MS Office Software proficiently; multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work of self and others; leading a diverse group of employees to a common goal.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 8 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, free parking and more!
Northwest door is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace and a pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted prior to any offer.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.