Puyallup, WA – Receiving Clerk
We are seeking a receiving clerk to receive and coordinate inbound material shipments and verify accuracy of such shipments against bills of lading, invoices, etc. This person will maintain records of goods received, report damaged goods and shortages and route goods to the proper departments.
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for all inbound material and coordinates receiving personnel to unload shipments.
- Communicates with drivers and establishes a receiving schedule for inbound shipments.
- Locates manufacturer’s packing list, verifies receipt of each item listed, signs and attaches packing list to each bill of lading.
- Signs and dates freight bill noting all adjustments and/or damage to product and reports any quality or inventory discrepancy issues to the appropriate person.
- Communicates positively with supervisors, sales staff, and fellow workers.
- Ensures the timely receipt of all documentation in the ERP system once inbound shipments have been unloaded.
- Assists in work area is clean, neat, safe and operating efficiently.
- Assists in keeping facility secure. Ensures all equipment is stored at end of day and all doors and gates are secured.
- Maintains proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Responsible for printing labels for all inbound shipments.
- Lift 50-75 lbs safely throughout the workday
- Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in distribution or warehousing preferred but not required
- Data entry and experience using Word and Excel.
Knowledge: Knowledge of customer service principles and practices, ability to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines, have knowledge of operating a PC. Clerical knowledge including basic Word, Excel, and data entry.
Skill: Good oral and written communication skills, ability to organize and prioritize to meet objectives, good interpersonal skills.