Puyallup, WA – Production Supervisor
Northwest Door is looking for a Production Supervisor to be responsible for daily production output and overall profitability of one or more production lines or departments in our manufacturing headquarters. You would report to the Plant Manager and supervise and coordinate the activities of your assigned team members.
If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door LLC. is the ideal employer for you. We are a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of team members: assign and schedule work load to ensure their ability to safely work in their assigned areas.
- Analyze operations, personnel activities and processes to support improvements that impact company profitability.
- Plan for, examine, analyze, and evaluate production through put of products for specified lines or departments.
- Develops, recommends and implements changes in processes that either streamlines operations or personnel requirements to maximize profitability and quality.
- Participate in the development of short and long range manufacturing objectives and strategies for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Implement performance standards and measure individual employees on a fair and consistent basis.
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Graduation from High School or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in warehousing, production, or materials management in a manufacturing environment
- Two years supervisory experience.
Knowledge: Principles, practices, and methods of manufacturing. Working knowledge of federal and local laws and regulations that are used for the selection, development, promotion and performance change issues including reviews and corrective actions.
Skill: Planning, coordinating, and directing, evaluating and giving feedback on production activities. Leadership, performance management, problem solving/analysis, communication and time management. Preparing varied reports and analyses; communicating clearly and concisely orally and in writing; supervision, training and evaluating assigned personnel.
Ability: Ability to motivate and effectively communicate goals and objectives to team members. Ability to drive change (processes, programs, policies, etc.) Ability to problem solve.