Puyallup, WA – Mechanical Engineer
We are seeking a mechanical engineer to generate solutions for development or sustainment of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products that affect multi-million assembly lines and projects. Supports planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet project objectives in a timely, cost-effective fashion.
Northwest Door, LLC. is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you.
Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position.
- Essential Duties
- Provides technical support for the plant as well as coordination of manufacturing improvements
- Coordinates and completes projects as project manager or team member
- Oversees all aspects of technical projects including setting deadlines, monitoring and summarizing progress, and preparing status reports
- Plans assembly flow layout and space requirements
- Small product redesign
- Work on larger projects involving stamping and roll forming
- Facelifts to the lines, products, and processes
- Manufacturing improvement projects including jigging and fixturing
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications
- Arranges for purchase of machinery and equipment according to specifications and quality standards
- Designs, develops and test and/or sources and cost-justify various tools machinery and equipment for manufacturing
- Researches codes, regulations, tests products and manufacturing methods
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Three years of project management experience (manufacturing environment a plus)
- Fenestration Industry experience a plus
Knowledge: Machining and assembly practices, tools and fixturing, familiarity with statistical methods and performing product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency, project management, understanding of AutoCAD/3D, knowledge of purchasing and manufacturing specifications and quality standards
Skill: Ability to consistently follow through on commitments, ability to work with a cross-functional team, ability to plan, coordinate and oversee projects, excellent oral and written communication skills