Puyallup, WA – Maintenance Technician II
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician II who will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing all plant systems and equipment. This position will be working with steel roll former machinery and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Work with steel roll former machinery
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Repair pumps and vacuum systems
- Perform advanced troubleshooting
- Install or repair conveyers; replace motors
- Respond to production requests for immediate attention to production line issues and problems
- Provide routine preventative maintenance
- Create requisitions of parts and supplies to maintain equipment
- Identify problem areas and address with permanent solutions
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal Maintenance Technician will have:
- At least 5 years of work experience in equipment maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent, certificate from college or technical school preferred
- Proficient with a computer with the ability to learn new software
Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of electrical, electronic controls, PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, and tooling safe work practices and policies, plumbing and carpentry knowledge, building and equipment maintenance practices; lock out tag out best practices
Skill: Working with hand power tools, troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment, strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills; using electrical testing equipment; safety processes and procedures; excellent customer service skills, proficiency with computers and software
Ability: To work independently with minimal supervision; read and understand technical/repair manual and vendor resources; install new machines; ability to learn new software
Benefits include : Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal days and holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of vacation; and team events.
Northwest door is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace and a pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted prior to any offer.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.