Puyallup, WA – Logistics Manager
Come join our team!
Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States and includes Alaska, Canada and Hawaii. Our company owned Distribution Centers are located in Spokane, WA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Bakersfield, CA and San Jose, CA.
We are seeking a Logistic Manager to oversee the safe, efficient, and timely flow and warehousing of goods; actively implements and controls the overall distribution concept and strategy. Responsible, either directly or through subordinate supervisors, for the direction and coordination of all of the shipping, receiving packaging, logistics or warehousing activities of the facility.
- Provides day-to-day leadership, guidance and oversight of personnel; actively works to promote and recognize performance; addresses disciplinary issues and resolves problems.
- Coordinates activities of departments to deliver efficient material movement to drive costs/inventory investment down while improving accuracy and response time to customers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops personnel; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs
- Provide daily communication to employees so that all loads are loaded and depart on time and within the scheduled work day
- Schedule all tasks related to the delivery of products post production. This includes but is not limited to; customer pick-ups, LTL, TL, Intermodal as well as international shipping
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers that supports company and departmental standards, procedures and strategic directives
- Monitors and controls the order process, ensuring efficient and adequate flow of goods.
- Develops, implements, and maintains processes to reduce costs and increase customer service.
- Supports plant business units’ goals of quality, safety, productivity, and customer service.
- Works closely with plant, scheduling and procurement operations; provides necessary product quantities, correct orders, and on-time deliveries through proper daily production scheduling of packaging and processing materials.
- Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for managing delivery truck leases and associated documentation.
- Prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Develops, implements, and monitors department budget; manages expenses within approved budget constraints.
- Manages/delivers freight quotes and responsible for managing freight costs.
- Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Essential Job Skills and Experience
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of seven years logistics, warehousing, related experience with at least 2-4 years’ experience
supervising and motivating subordinates
- Formal Lean 6-Sigma training and experience driving continuous improvement initiatives in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge: Knowledge of company products or related building industry experience, understanding of applicable standards and regulations; e.g. DOT Regulations, Customs Paperwork (COA, Bills of Lading, etc.)
Skill: Proven leadership and business acumen skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, excellent computer skills, organizational skills and ability to remain calm and tactful under pressure; Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills; proficient using a computer and Microsoft Office Suite; Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm;
Ability: To work collaboratively or individually, problem solve and troubleshoot, multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time without sacrificing quality of work; to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels; to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds; to manage priorities and workflow; to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees; proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines; ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions; to exercise good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 8 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, free parking and more!
Northwest door is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace and a pre-employment drug screen will be conducted prior to any offer.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.