Puyallup, WA – Lean Coordinator
Northwest Door LLC. is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you.
We are looking for a Lean Coordinator who will be responsible for coordination of continuous improvement initiatives and elimination of waste. Identifying and investigating opportunity and processes for improvement through interaction with the manufacturing team. Works under the supervision of the Process Engineer.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Coordinate and plan continuous improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives, Kaizen, 5S, PDCA, etc.
- Train and mentor employees in lean methodologies
- Participate in reporting quarterly plans and progress of lean activities to the management team
- Responsible for developing and writing standard work/JIT training processes
- Assists in compilation of data, and creates accurate and punctual reports
- Shares information and ideas with others in a timely manner
- Assist and supports design engineering team with implementing new products and processes
- Support planning and execution of identified improvement plans for manufacturing facility.
- Work collaboratively with team members to reach goals and to track progress
- Supports manufacturing teams with day to day coaching and troubleshooting
Essential Job Skills and Experience
Education/Experience: Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related area. Three or more years’ experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge: Knowledge of Lean tools, quality and operational metrics. Understanding of Kaizen, 5S, PDCA. Knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes.
Skill: Problem solving/analysis, communication and time management.
Ability: Ability to apply lean manufacturing principles to resolve problems and to continuously improve processes. Ability to drive change (processes, programs, policies, etc.) Ability to problem solve. Ability to clearly deliver thoughts, ideas and messages through written and verbal methods.