Puyallup, WA – Inventory Control Supervisor
We are seeking an Inventory Control Supervisor who is responsible for ensuring that inventory of materials and products is in accordance with inventory cycle counting and accuracy goals and acts as supply chain lead for reviews. Additionally, this position initiates disposition of excess, obsolete, or unusable inventory. Reviews inventory accuracy and inventory management programs such as cycle counts and physicals to ensure compliance. Monitors inventory trends and provides feedback and analytical support to planning team. This position may travel to our distribution centers to conduct inventory audits and train employees.
- Responsible for reporting accuracy and reconciling of finished goods, raw materials and component inventories. Develops, revises and maintains inventory management programs such as the cycle count program and physical inventories.
- Develops and delivers recommendations for deployment, accuracy and/or disposal of inventories.
- Collects and reports performance for inventory deployment, accuracy, and disposition.
- Works closely with work center/warehouse managers to ensure correct and timely reconciliation of inventory accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, cycle count, scrap, sell-off, RGA (Return Goods Authorization), and product returns to vendors.
- Train employee(s) and staff in all inventory control processes and update processes as required.
- Coordinate and complete standard supply chain reports on time. This includes, but is not limited to backorder reports, MDR process updates, cycle count summaries, and inventory summaries.
- Interacts with personnel regarding disposition of products, accuracy of inventory, and sell-off of excess.
- Completes and coordinates the monthly E&O process. Ensures monthly updates are completed on time for review.
- Audit and reconcile randomly chosen part numbers and/or locations on a daily basis
- Compile, maintain and analyze inventory reports
- Develop solutions to specific problem areas
- Ensure compliance to inventory processes and procedures
Essential Job Skills and Experience
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in inventory control
Knowledge: Knowledge of inventory best practices and procedures in a manufacturing environment (ERP systems), must have customer service mindset with ability to enhance internal client relationships, supervisory best practices.
Skill: Proficient in MS-Office tools (particularly Excel charting, data sorting, filtering, pivot-tables, look-up, macro-programming is not required), strong interpersonal skills and good verbal and written skills, analytic skills for inventory management, good project planning and inventory reduction initiatives skills, leadership skills, detail oriented, collecting and reporting data.
Ability: to manage time effectively to meet targets and deadlines, organize, prioritize and motivate employees, to be organized, multi-task, work alone and with a team, establish and maintain healthy working relationships.