Puyallup, WA – Help Desk Technician III
Come use your IT skills at Northwest Door! If you are that person who can work independently to solve end user issues, and loves working on a help desk, apply with us now! We offer lots of great benefits including affordable medical, dental, vision, 3 weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO), 8 paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, free parking and more!
Northwest Door is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity.
Northwest door is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are a drug-free workplace and a pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted prior to any offer.
The Help Desk Technician III possesses problem solving skills, excellent understanding of desktop operating systems, networking principles and MS applications to assist users in resolving difficult and/or complex problems. This position is responsible for documenting and tracking the status of inquiries, taking the necessary steps to remedy the problem, coordinating appropriate responses and follow-ups to ensure satisfaction. Receives minimal guidance is nearly always able to diagnose problems requiring specialized intervention to a supervisor or manager.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to the requests received through the IT help desk.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Utilize and maintain the help desk ticketing software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Assist with on-boarding of new users.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, keyboard, mouse and any additional specialized equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in active directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Job Skills and Experience
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required plus college/vocational coursework in Information Technology
- Four to six years’ progressively responsible experience troubleshooting and resolving IT related issues. Exceptional customer service; written and verbal communication; presentation; and interpersonal skills; excellent time management, and organizational skills; must be broadly focused and able to manage multiple efforts concurrently.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of current network hardware and software; protocols and Internet standards, Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Working knowledge of hardware/software technologies used in area, including PC platforms, programming languages, database technologies, and network and telecommunications protocols.
Ability: Effectively interact with all members of the organization and work independently. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time without sacrificing quality of work.
Skill: Strong analytical skills, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.