Puyallup, WA – Customer Service Representative
We are seeking a motivated, customer friendly Customer Service Representative for our corporate headquarters in Puyallup, WA to answer questions about our products, orders and payments; troubleshoot issues, field inbound customer service support calls with potential for extended periods of high volume; take sales calls and offer required upsells – make compelling offers, present appropriate alternatives when necessary; and ask for the sale. This position will provide customer service support to the will call desk.
- Data entry of customer orders
- Field inbound customer service support calls with potential for extended periods of high volume
- Take sales calls and offer required upsells – make compelling offers, present appropriate alternatives when necessary, and ask for the sale
- Apply active listening skills, interject and paraphrase appropriately to best understand the customer’s needs and wants
- Troubleshoot customer service problems
- Process orders in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide knowledgeable answers to questions about product, pricing and availability.
- Help customers navigate our website and place orders online.
- Work with internal departments to meet customer’s needs.
- Work with customers to resolve product returns, shipping inquiries and order status questions.
- Other related job duties as assigned
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college coursework preferred but not required
- Two years of professional customer service taking support/sales calls, processing orders, troubleshooting customer service problems
- Experience in a manufacturing or garage door industry preferred
Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of products and quality standards. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Extensive knowledge of product catalog and troubleshooting techniques
Skill: Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, Microsoft Office, proficient computer, keyboarding and 10-key skills, positive, upbeat and professional demeanor; a “Yes We Can!” attitude, professional, engaging verbal communication skills by phone and in person, handling high volume phones and fast paced environment.
Ability: Efficiently network and coordinate work with customers and suppliers, to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines, to excel in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask is a must.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays; 401k retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; and team events.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.