Northwest Door, LLC provides the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you.
We are seeking a Product Configurator for our Manufacturing division located in Puyallup, WA.
Product Configurator Essential Duties
- Manage the work orders and materials ordered
- Maintain configured order entry models and work order flow
- When necessary, review the production baseline for conformity to its corresponding design baseline and current manufacturing process
- Ensure appropriate lead times for production
- Set up the option list for all products and maintain the online catalog
- Collaborate with internal customers to add usability or new product to the Enterprise Resource Planning System
- Run reports as necessary regarding materials usage data to determine product viability
- When creating, revising or verifying a production baseline
- Analyze the design baseline to determine which design information needs to be included in the production baseline
- Analyze the manufacturing process to determine which procedures, workmanship standards and other information needs to be included in the Production Baseline
Product Configurator Essential Job Skills and Experience
Education/Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience configuring in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge: General knowledge of the role the database has in production processes, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures
Skill: Excellent mathematical skills, Problem solving and troubleshooting skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, able to work with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal days and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of vacation; and team events.
We are a drug-free workplace; screening and background checks will be conducted. A negative drug screen is required prior to any offer of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level .
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Configuring in a manufacturing environment: 2 years
To Apply: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org