Portland, OR – Warehouse Supervisor
Come Join our Team!
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We are currently seeking a full-time Warehouse Supervisor to be based out of our Milwaukie, Oregon Distribution Center. This is an exempt position working Monday through Friday with overtime as necessary.
The Warehouse Supervisor plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers or finished product from the assembly lines for storage; ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so that parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements. This position will direct all warehouse functions and ensure all tasks are completed on time and accurately and will require hands-on, self-driven, highly organized, with high attention to detail. This position reports directly to the Distribution Center Manager.
The ideal candidate must be professional, have a courteous attitude and provide excellent service to customers; be prompt, have excellent daily attendance and be a team player. They will be able to read and follow instructions; have English language literacy, have basic math skills and be able to perform in a busy environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
For more information about our company, visit our website at www.northwestdoor.com. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put the position in the subject title. Applications are also accepted on site at 2620 Mailwell Drive, Milwaukie, OR 97222 during regular business hours Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Summary of Job Duties
- Responsible for daily operations of the warehouse inside an outside of yard
- Lead a team of warehouse staff and drivers, delegate work and supervise overall work performance
- Participate in hiring and corrective action of warehouse staff; approve requests for time off and timecards; write and administer performance reviews; provide on-the-job training
- Lead in performing cycle counts as per company guidelines, audit and turn in weekly counts
- Coordinating local outbound deliveries and shipments with customer service, either on company trucks, outside carriers or UPS, to ensure all orders are complete and accurate
- Review all customer orders as they are released to the warehouse to include work orders to production as required
- Ensure the proper handling and storage of goods and supplies
- Responsible for the safety of all warehouse staff and customers in the warehouse as required by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, including but not limited to holding safety meetings with the staff and perform monthly warehouse safety inspections; facilitate the formation of a safety committee and ensure all safety requirements are being observed and followed
- Supervise the labeling and tagging of all warehouse items to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Ensure trucks are loaded and unloaded in a safe and timely manner
- Review stock requirements regularly with Purchasing to ensure proper stock levels are being maintained
- Responsible to maintain a clean and organized warehouse at all times; ensure trash is picked up and dumped, floors are swept clean and bathrooms and break areas are clean and tidy
- Develop and implement systems and procedures to continuously improve internal procedures and processes
- Help to load customers’ trucks/trailers as required
Essential Job Skills and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a warehouse management or supervision role, including 2 years’ experience supervising teams
- Experience in a garage door or building materials warehouse facility
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products a plus
- Lift 50-75 pounds (with or without accommodation) safely throughout the workday.
Knowledge: Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; knowledge of warehouse coordination, work flow and staff supervision; working knowledge of operating a PC with MS Office; knowledge of the functionality of warehouse machines and equipment like forklifts, etc.; knowledge of OSHA standards; knowledge of cycle counting, labeling and tagging warehouse items. Basic knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of shipping and receiving. Knowledge of federal and local laws and regulations, with the assistance of Human Resources, that are used for employee performance issues to include reviews and corrective actions.
Skill: Good oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; skill in leading teams and providing clear work direction; skill in performance management, problem solving/analysis, and time management.
Ability: To efficiently network and coordinate with customers and suppliers; ability to time manage effectively to meet targets and deadlines; ability to efficiently lead, delegate and motivate subordinates; ability to organize, prioritize and motivate teams to meet overall Company objectives; ability to lift 50-75 lbs with or without accommodation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test.