Portland, OR – Class B Delivery Driver
Come Join our Team!
Northwest Door, LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We are seeking a Delivery Driver to deliver garage door sections and associated products to and from our distribution center located in Milwaukie, OR and to our customers safely and free from damage. This position is responsible for unloading freight at select locations and positively reflecting the quality and service for which Northwest Door is known. Responsibilities also include working in the warehouse when needed, to wash and load trucks, restock DC and clean and maintain the warehouse.
For more information about our company, visit our website at www.northwestdoor.com. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put the position in the subject title. Applications are also accepted on site at 2620 SE Mailwell Drive, Milwaukie, Oregon, 97222 during regular business hours Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal days and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of vacation; and team events
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a truck/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting non-hazardous materials.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Wash trucks, clean, load deliveries and/or will-call customers.
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification.
- Safely climb in and out of a truck and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in truck and/or forklift.
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery.
- Safely reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Provide excellent service to customers.
- Prompt daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class B commercial driver’s license.
- Possess and maintain a valid DOT physical card.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Safe driving record and history.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of products and quality standards. Must have basic knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Extensive knowledge of product catalog and troubleshooting techniques.
Skill: Strong oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, Microsoft Office, proficient computer, keyboarding and 10-key skills, positive, upbeat and professional demeanor; a “Yes We Can!” attitude, professional, engaging verbal communication skills by phone and in person, handling high volume phones and fast paced environment.
Ability: Efficiently network and coordinate work with customers and suppliers, to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines, to excel in a fast-paced environment; ability to multitask is a must. Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for customer service excellence; maintain focus and positivity while resolving challenging or complex problems.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment. We are a drug-free workplace. A negative drug screen is required prior to any offer of employment.