Manufacturing Process Engineer
Come Join our Team!
Northwest Door LLC. is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you. We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer to be based out of our corporate headquarters in Tacoma, WA.
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will be responsible as a technical specialist for planning, designing and implementing methods to improve production efficiency and process reliability. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and supports production by maximizing machine layout and supporting lean initiatives.
- Evaluate or develop complex manufacturing processes/systems and workflows to optimize production efficiency
- Work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, man-hours, machine time and energy
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Implement statistical collection methods to establish process, product and quality control
- Develop standardized production and quality methods
- Lead Lean manufacturing initiatives
- Assist plant manager in improving production efficiency and quality
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process
- Research and purchase new manufacturing technology, work in collaboration with the engineering department to better production equipment functionality
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Work with production supervisors to establish process control methods, data and procedures.
- Establish and documented standard operating procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation, personal days and holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of vacation; and team events.
Northwest Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment. Northwest Door LLC is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screenings are conducted prior to offer.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to HR@northwestdoor.com