Puyallup, WA – Delivery Driver Class A CDL
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
We are seeking a Local Delivery Driver with a Class A CDL to deliver garage door sections and associated products from our production facility in Puyallup, WA to our local distribution centers and customers. This position is responsible for unloading freight at select locations and positively reflecting the quality and service for which Northwest Door is known.
Apply online our website or in person at Northwest Door 19000 Canyon Road E, Puyallup, WA during regular business hours Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including day trips-home every night; no working on the following paid Holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day, New Years’ Day; medical; dental; vision; prescription; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; Paid Time Off (PTO); 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses; educational reimbursement; service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and team events.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Operate a truck/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting non-hazardous materials.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Unload & load freight off/on trailers; lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification.
- Safely climb in and out of a truck and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in truck and/or forklift.
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery.
- Safely reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Provide excellent service to customers.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A commercial driver’s license.
- Possess and maintain a valid DOT physical card.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Safe driving record and history.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.